Sunday, July 22, 2018

Success?

Last night I dyed the correct length of yarn for striped Christmas socks.  There WAS a nasty tangle in one section, heaven only knows how it got there.  I went to bed because it seemed the wiser thing to do than tackle a tangle in the wee hours.

This morning I rewarped the long sections onto the mill which took about three minutes.  So far so good.  I began to wind the yarn into a working ball (from which to knit) and carefully navigated the tangle(s).  How happy I was to get it done with little fanfare.

Here it is on the mill.  Then the finished ball made me soooooo happy.  I contemplated as I wound the ball that there are a lot of scary things in life.  A lot of traumas have governed my life the past two years.  You just have to plow through (or in my case wind) to the other end.  It was so less complicated than I had thought last night. 

Christmas socks are well on their way....I'm in to seasonal dyeing at the moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.